You can whittle just about anything—the only limit is your imagination! Inside this comprehensive whittler’s starter guide you’ll find:
- 24 easy-to-make whittling projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- How-to photos
- Ready-to-carve patterns
- How to whittle classic toys, useful gifts, and fun displays
- Whittling techniques for twigs and branches
- The 4 basic knife cuts that most whittlers use
- What to look for when choosing a whittling knife
- How to sharpen your knife for safe and enjoyable whittling
It’s so easy to get started in this relaxing and rewarding hobby. All you need is a knife, a twig, and this book!
We’ve assembled a team of 12 leading woodcarvers to bring you a complete starter’s guide to whittling. They present 24 easy whittling projects that you can make in just a weekend, complete with step-by-step instructions, how-to photographs, ready-to-carve patterns, and helpful tips.
Start off with fast and fun projects that build confidence and teach fundamental carving techniques, like a simple flying propeller or a 5-minute owl. Then move on to create whittled wonders like a musical frog or a slingshot. The authors show you how to whittle complex designs in easy steps, so that you’ll soon be carving attention-getting favorites like chain links or the classic ball-in-a-cage.
$9.41 Amazon.com Price Buy Now + Add to Wishlist